Serves as a Database Administrator supporting USCENTCOM C4ES IT services contract located onsite at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, FL. This position is a direct engagement area requiring active interaction with contract personnel, and Government Customers. The Database Administrator ensures system availability and reliability for all SQL servers supporting HQ USCENTCOM. Systems to be maintained are on SIPRNET, NIPRNET, and all coalition networks at both rear and forward headquarters locations. The Database Administrator is a deployable position.
– In-depth, expert knowledge and experience with relational DBMS concepts, design, architecture, and operations.
– Experience with MS SQL Server to include MS SQL Server 2012. Experience with SQL Server Reporting Service and SQL Server Integration Service.
– Experience with standing up, monitoring, and maintaining a large number of instances and databases in a virtual environment on multiple networks.
– Monitor SQL database performance, recommend, and implement performance tuning, analyze access patterns and recommend application changes to optimize capacity, latency, and throughput.
– Serve as subject matter expert instituting best practices and answering technical and procedural questions for the customer base.
– Completing a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary security assessment addressing both content and technical issues (which will be conducted at least annually on all databases and servers).
– Accomplish Database backup, replication and recovery
– Develop Software test and evaluation plans for major releases of software or upgrade of existing hardware
– Collaborate with and assist in the development of security fixes with DISA engineers and development teams
– Understand and apply DOD regulations and standards
– Apply information technology principles, concepts, and techniques including software design concepts, test methods and integration practices.
– Poses excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to present material to senior DOD and non-DOD officials.
-Knowledge of MS SharePoint architecture, VM Ware, MS Clustering Services, MS SCOM.
-Experience with supporting .Net development teams.
Bachelors or equivalent, over 7 years related experience desired.
-8570 certification – Security+